Saturday, May 19, 2012

Season of love... and weddings...

So I'm working on a couple projects involving wedding photos right now.  And the photos I'm using in this week's featured layout are TO DIE FOR!  Here's the photographer's site: http://www.dibezi.net/ .   Just awesome stuff! And even though I asked this couple if I could feature their photos in a layout like... in october... I'm finally getting around to it now.  I'm gonna start organizing that TADA list in a more "like the quickness' fashion...



Anyway, so I picked two photos of the beautiful bride to feature in this layout.


I know I said last time that I was going to abandon my sewing machine in my future featured layouts because I wanted to keep it simple and doable for those who didn't have a sewing machine.... but after sneakin' my way around some scrapbook groups on the interwebs... I realize that most of ya'll are really interested in incorporating sewing into your layouts.  SO, instead of abandoning it, I'm probably going to feature it... from now on.  Because I use it almost EVERY TIME.  It's like a coffee habit that's almost impossible to break at this point.



[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tonSl6CyJ4&w=640&h=360]

Products I used in this layout!






  • Three different papers from close to my heart:  Green cardstock, melon cardstock, one paper from the "Dotty" collection (which is on sale right now) and one paper from the "Stella" collection. The stella paper was double sided-so I used half for the photo mat, and half for the rocky looking edge.


  • Red acrylic paint- Usually 89 cents in any craft store.  and a brush...any ol' brush will do.


  • Ivory thread for the sewing


  • The stamps are from the stamp set: Friendship Boquet


  • Watercolor pencils and water brush are also from close to my heart


  • Microtip scissors to cut em out: MICROTIP SCISSORS 


  • The brads I got from Cranberry Cat scrapbooking supplies: A great site for discounted stuff.  They even carry some pazzles inspiration products.


  • I cut out the frames for the photos with the Pazzles ahead of time.  I basically made a few rectangles on the computer and made the edges wavy with the decorative scissors tool.  Then I made an outline of that shape so I could have a double mat look on the photos.


  • OH, and an ink pad for the stamps. .. and an acrylic block to stamp with...


  • IF I forgot anything, let me know... but that's all I can think of right now...


Well, it's saturday morning, and I'm gonna go pull some weeds!


ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!!



 MADEBYFITTY.com



No comments:

Post a Comment